Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Little Bit Country





Top - Anthropologie.  Jeans - American Eagle.  Boots - Nordstrom BP.  Earrings - Lucky Brand.  Hat - from stall at the Salinas Rodeo.


Today was my first experience attending a rodeo!  I was lucky enough to have box seat tickets, so the experience was upfront and personal.  We had a huge lunch in the sponsor tent before hand, and then spent the afternoon watching the final events, including a bullfighting competition!  I was a little apprehensive going into the afternoon - I'm an animal rights activist - and I have to admit, though I was assured the animals are treated very humanely, I'm not sure if I'll attend another rodeo.  Still, it was a good experience and a real taste of Salinas, which is the city where I've been working since graduation.

The hat and boots - even though they aren't cowboy boots - obviously make the outfit, but I added the turquoise earrings for a little rodeo-esque flair.  I actually bought the corset top last December to wear for New Year's Eve, so I'm surprised and pleased that it worked out for this outfit, since I have very few rodeo appropriate clothing in my closet!

Just as a reminder, please consider learning about and contributing to the Anderson Relief Fund, which is for my friend Petra Anderson, a victim of the recent Aurora Colorado The Dark Knight Rises premiere.  You can find the information at the following link: Anderson Relief Fund.  Additional information can be found in my post from yesterday: For Petra.  



No comments:

Post a Comment