Saturday, July 21, 2012

For Petra

Departing from my usual frivolity, I want to blog about a friend in need and hope that all of you reading this will keep her in your thoughts.

I'm sure by now, nearly everyone is familiar with the horrific massacre at The Dark Knight Rises premiere in Aurora. Colorado.  While my heart goes out to all of the dead, injured and their loved ones, I know one of the injured personally and have been very concerned for her.    

Petra Anderson was my RA last year and was a fellow Conservatory student at Pacific with me.  We were both in orchestra together and were also members of Ann Miller's violin studio.  During the shooting, she was shot three times in the arm and a fourth pellet entered her nose, went through her brain, and hit the back of her skull.  Luckily, after undergoing surgery, her recovery is looking very positive.   

Petra is a phenomenal, talented, genuine person, and I hope that everyone will keep her in their thoughts and prayers.  A relief fund has been created to help the Anderson family with their unanticipated medical finances; I hope you will feel moved to contribute.  You can find the link to the contribution page here: Anderson Relief Fund

Stay safe everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment